Child Care COVID Protocols in New York, New York
- Employees are fully vaccinated and are recommended to wear a mask.
- Masks for children two and older are not mandatory but are recommended.
- Any adults with respiratory infection symptoms, cough, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath, or have had any contact or exposure to COVID-19 must refrain from entering the building. If the child or household member becomes symptomatic for COVID-19 and tests positive, the child must quarantine and may not return until a negative COVID result is presented.
- Adults are recommended to wear a face covering when entering the building. It can be as simple as a scarf, bandana, or cloth mask.
- One adult will be allowed to bring the child upstairs. No adult is allowed in the daycare. However, with our Daily Connect app, you will be aware of what the child is doing throughout the day with photos and videos.
- Contact between adults and employees will be limited. Any comments, questions, or concerns you may have about the child must be made via email or phone.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available for the adults in the lobby area and upstairs.
- Temperatures will be taken for children and staff daily before entering the daycare and throughout the day.
- Each child will have a small cabby with their names located outside the upstairs area. It will hold their sign-in/out sheet and their clipboard with a pen.
- We will continue our usual routine of washing hands throughout the day (when entering the facility, between all program activities, after using the restroom, before eating, and end of the day).
- “WELL CHILDREN ONLY”. If the child has a runny nose, cough, fever, flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), fatigue, extreme fussiness, or is showing signs of illness, please keep them home. They will not be allowed to enter the center until we receive clearance from the doctor.
- Their belongings must be kept in the lobby in the child’s stroller.
- Daily, the daycare will be disinfected and logged into the cleaning form chart. (e.g., bathroom, door handles, toys, art supplies, eating area, etc.)
- Toys that can’t get cleaned/sanitized daily will not be available.
- No outdoor toys are allowed in the daycare.
- Each mat is labeled with the child’s name and disinfected daily. Mat sheets will be placed in Ziploc bags and sent home weekly for cleaning.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available when soap and running water aren’t available.
It is essential to keep six feet away and practice social distancing. Let’s work together as a community and support each other safely. We will get through this difficult time.